Effective August 13, 2021
Following new guidelines set at the county, state and national level, we have updated guidelines for Volunteers:
All Volunteers should continue to make no-contact family deliveries, wear masks and maintain 6-feet of distance when meeting with families, regardless of vaccination status. Thank you for taking these measures to protect families who are at high risk. See below for details.
There With Care facilities are now fully vaccinated for all working within our spaces. Volunteers who wish to work inside our offices and warehouses will need to provide proof of vaccination and wear masks. All staff who are working in the offices have been fully vaccinated. To submit your vaccination card, simply show it to a staff member.
As always, please take precautions and refrain from volunteering if you are feeling sick, have any COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
NO DIRECT CONTACT DELIVERY PROTOCOL
- All persons making a delivery are required to wear a face covering when dropping off deliveries. In light of the immunocompromised population we are serving, the relaxed restrictions in Colorado DO NOT APPLY to There With Care.
- Face coverings and gloves are available for anyone delivering if needed.
- NO CONTACT PROTOCOL must be followed when making deliveries. It is crucial that the delivery person stay 6 feet away from the families at all times during the deliveries to keep everyone safe.
- There are no exceptions to the social distancing of more than 6 feet when making a delivery.
- If someone offers to help another person (including a family receiving the delivery), the person must let them know that they are sorry, they cannot accept the help. We need to keep them and everyone safe.
AT NO TIME SHOULD VOLUNTEERS BE WITHIN 6 FEET OF FAMILIES. DO NOT ACCEPT HELP WITH UNLOADING DELIVERIES AND LET FAMILIES KNOW THIS IS THERE WITH CARE POLICY TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE.
Text family when you leave the There With Care office. Upon arrival, drop off items at family’s front door and text family to confirm the delivery has arrived.
Text family when you leave There With Care office. Upon arrival, text family to say the delivery has arrived. Unload packages onto curb, and wait in your car for the family to arrive curbside. Once eye contact has been made and the family has their items, you can leave.
Please Note: Hospital personnel may redirect you to another area to leave packages, please follow directions and communicate new area to the family.
Text family when you leave There With Care office.
Upon arrival, text family to say the delivery has arrived. Unload delivery into main lobby and the Brent’s place staff will transfer packages directly to the family.
Please Note: If you are delivering to Brent’s Place Forum, the Brent’s Place staff may ask you to deliver items for the family in the parking garage. Follow the staff’s instructions and be sure to communicate with the family when you arrive so they will meet you at the garage door. Please leave items at least 6 feet away in a safe location for them to collect and stay in your car. Once eye contact is made with the family and they know where to get their items, you can leave.
- If you have come in contact with anyone who has been sick, please refrain from volunteering.
- If you or anyone in your family has a cough, fever or any flu like symptoms, please do not come into our facilities for a minimum of 14 days.
- Wash your hands before you come to pick up your deliveries and again when you return home with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. (Throw used tissues in the trash.)
- Please wear a mask and never sneeze or cough on bags.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
We’re working closely with our medical agencies to ensure that we are meeting current protocols, monitoring the CDC updates and will continue to communicate as the situation evolves.
Thank you all for your tremendous care and compassion during this time. We will get through this together and appreciate you all so much.