There With Care offers semester long unpaid internships to a limited number of students interested in gaining practical work experience. Interns learn about the many aspects of how a non-profit organization works, interacting directly with the staff, as well as veteran volunteers in various departments of the organization. With hands on training, you will contribute to the operation through helping with meaningful and necessary tasks, including direct and indirect service.
By learning about There With Care’s mission, values, and how we serve families affected by critical illness you will have a rewarding and beneficial experience while making a difference, expanding your skill set and developing critical relationships with other professionals.
Student Intern Expectations
- Attend a volunteer training and undergo background and reference checks
- Abide by all the requirements outlined in the training and application
- Perform assigned duties as required, in a timely and professional manner
- Create a time schedule, be punctual, and professional
- Provide necessary school documentation for academic requirements
- Provide feedback on the internship
Making it Happen
Send an email to our Volunteer Director, Jodee Spalding: Jodee@therewithcare.org to apply for this program. Include resume and cover letter outlining what type of internship you are interested in, what you hope to gain from the experience and what time frame you are available.
Fall 2013 Internships
- Programs intern: provide support to the programs team with data entry and accurate record keeping, volunteer follow-up, and directly helping families affected by critical illness
- Warehouse intern: warehouse inventory control, organize incoming and outgoing items, co-ordinate with Warehouse Manager
- Pantry assistant: weekly shopping at Community Food Share; time-specific — must be available Monday mornings; this internship requires lifting heavy boxes and is about 4 hours per week
- Operations intern: help with data entry, data analysis, and support operations of the organization
Deadline for Fall semester is August 30, 2013.